Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club Charleston, WV
2020 Scholarship Program
PO Box 322, Dunbar, WV 25064
The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, was formed in July, 2013. We are dedicated to serving our community by providing scholarships, identifying and meeting community needs and educating and mentoring. We support our veterans, local charitable organizations, uphold the traditions and standards of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club, promote motorcycle safety and the rich history of the African American 9th and 10th Calvary, Buffalo Soldiers.
The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, Charleston, WV scholarship is a one-time award in the amount up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) to use toward college, university or trade school costs and expenses. The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, Charleston, WV is a chapter of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club, which is comprised of five regional areas called Frontiers (Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Central and Western), each representing different sections of the United States.
Each scholarship will be paid by BSMCCWV and / or NABSTMC to the student, and mailed to their school of choice, upon verification that he or she has been accepted and enrolled in an institution of higher learning. Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better, who have applied or been accepted to a college/university will be eligible to apply. The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need, proposed use, and overall qualifications, with emphasis on the quality of the final essay.
The philosophy of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club, Inc., are:
- To promote the history of African American veterans
- To be a positive role model for youth in our community
- To support our veterans by visiting local veterans, their families, and supporting our fallen heroes
- To support Charitable Organizations in our community
- To uphold the traditions and standards of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC)
- To promote Motorcycle Safety in our community
The National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club is comprised of five regional areas called Frontiers (Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Central and Western), each comprised of different states within the United States with one common goal. There will be 15 recipients across the 5 frontiers for a total of $25,000.00; and a single National Scholarship of $5000 will be awarded to one recipient, for a grand total of $30,000.00 to college-bound graduating high school seniors.
NABSTMC will mail funds, on behalf of the student, to the college/university he/she will be attending; upon verification of enrollment. The scholarship will be awarded based on completed application packet, which includes, financial need, qualifications, essay, and supporting documentation.
Instructions for candidates:
The following are required to complete your application:
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Official High School Transcript (or equivalent if home schooled)
- A 500-word essay on the topics described below
- Letter of recommendation on official letter head from a teacher/guidance counselor/school administrator
- Letter of recommendation on letterhead from a community service organization
- A letter of acceptance to an institution of higher learning
- Signed Release Form (enclosed)
- Parent’s signature if student is under 18 years old
- Prepare a letter of introduction; who you are, your accomplishments to date, family background, and the degree to which you are seeking, and financial need. Provide a brief summary on how you plan to use the scholarship if selected
- Provide Student’s name, the complete name and address of the school and/or financial aid office where they will be attending school and student ID number. Checks will be mailed to the school via the student’s account
- Complete all forms in its entirety. Attach additional pages if required.
- Incomplete packages will automatically be eliminated
Write a 500-word essay (typewritten or handwritten in your own words) on one of the following topics. **Do not write about the Buffalo Soldiers or Troopers Motorcycle Club**
A. What impact did the Buffalo Soldiers make in war and / or peacetime? Why is it necessary to pass this legacy on to future generations?
B. Provide specific examples how the Buffalo Soldiers accomplishments are still significant to modern day
roadways, parks and mail
C. The Congressional Medal of Honor is presented to the recipient by the President of the United States in the
name of Congress. Please provide a brief narrative regarding a Buffalo Soldier that received this honor
and what can be learned from his life, efforts and commitment to duty.
scholarship application. Submit your completed application and essay by the April 15, 2020 deadline. Incomplete
packets will automatically be eliminated.
All completed applications and required documents must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
by 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, April 15, 2020. All sealed transcripts must be sent to Buffalo Soldiers MC Charleston WV, PO Box 322, Dunbar, WV 25064 by 11:59 PM, EST April 15, 2020. Incomplete packets will be eliminated.
Click on the button below to download the scholarship application.