Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club Charleston, WV
2022 Scholarship Program
PO Box 322, Dunbar, WV 25064
The philosophy of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club is:
- To promote the history of African American veterans
- To be a positive role model for youth in our community
- To support our veterans by visiting local veterans, their families, and supporting our fallen heroes
- To support charitable organizations in our community
- To uphold the traditions and standards of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club
- To promote motorcycle safety in our community
The National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC) is comprised of five (5) Frontiers (Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Central, and Western), which encompasses 35 states with an international chapter located in Germany. The NABSTMC has over 120 chapters organizational wide. There will be a total of $10,500.00 awarded per frontier; and a single National Scholarship of $5,000. The NABSTMC will award a grand total of $57,500.00 in scholarships for the 2021- 2022 school year.
The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club Charleston WV (BSMCCWV) was formed in July 2013. We are dedicated to serving our community by providing scholarships, identifying, and meeting community needs and educating and mentoring. We support our veterans, local charitable organizations, uphold the traditions and standards of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club, promote motorcycle safety and the rich history of the African American 9th and 10th Calvary, Buffalo Soldiers.
The BSMCCWV scholarship is a one-time award in the amount up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) to use toward college, university or trade school costs and expenses. The Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, Charleston, WV is a chapter of the NABSTMC. The NABSTMC will mail funds, on behalf of the student, upon verification of enrollment to a post-secondary/vocational or trade school where the student will be attending. Scholarships will be awarded based on a completed application packet.
Each frontier winner will participate in an interview process and be vetted by the National Scholarship Committee to determine the National Scholarship Winner.
Instructions for candidates:
The following are required to complete your application:
- Applicant must be an eligible Graduating High School Senior/GED recipient during the 2021 Fall / 2022 Summer school year who will be attending post-secondary or vocational/trade school in 2022.
- Official High School Transcript, Home School Transcript or GED Test Score (No GED Certificate)
- A 500-word essay on the topics described below
- Letter of recommendation on official letter head from a teacher/guidance counselor/school administrator, and/or employer (for GED).
- Letter of recommendation on letterhead from a community service organization
- A letter of acceptance to an institution of higher learning
- Signed Release Form (enclosed)
- Parent’s signature if student is under 18 years old
- Prepare a letter of introduction, who you are, your accomplishments to date, family background, and the degree/certificate to which you are seeking. Provide a summary on how you plan to use the scholarship, if selected. Also incorporate, how this scholarship will benefit you in giving back to your community.
- Recent professional head shot photo (In Good Taste)
- Provide Student’s name, the complete name and address of the school and/or financial aid office where the student will be attending school and student ID number.
Write a 500-word essay (typewritten) on one of the following topics:
**Do not write about the Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club**
- What impact did the Buffalo Soldiers make in war and/or peacetime? Why is it necessary to pass this legacy on to future generations?
- Provide specific examples of how the Buffalo Soldiers facilitated the development of roadways, national parks, and mail service.
- The Congressional Medal of Honor is presented to the recipient by the President of the United States in the name of Congress. Please provide a brief narrative regarding a Buffalo Soldier that received this honor and what can be learned from his life, efforts, and commitment to duty.
Applications may be downloaded from http://bsmccharlestonwv.com. Under the tab scholarship, you will find the application and the email address to return the completed application.
All completed applications and required documents must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
by 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, March 25, 2022. All sealed transcripts must be sent to Buffalo Soldiers MC Charleston WV, PO Box 322, Dunbar, WV 25064 by 11:59 PM, EST March 25, 2022. Incomplete packets will be eliminated.
Click on the button below to download the scholarship application.
2021 Scholarship Award Recipients
Ricci Kellum Winner for NABSTMC National, Great Lakes Frontier & Charleston, WV Chapter!
BSMC Charleston, WV Chapter Award Recipients
Anaka Whiteside was our 2020 BSMC Charleston, WV Scholarship Award Recipient!
Anaka Whiteside, is a 2020 honor graduate of Woodrow Wilson High School in Beckley, WV. She is an active participant in community activities and services. Anaka, plans to pursue her political science degree this fall at West Virginia University, with the goal of helping to fix our justice system by becoming a Criminal Justice lawyer. Please help us celebrate our $1,000 Buffalo Soldiers MC Charleston 2020 Scholarship winner and $750 Great Lakes Frontier Buffalo Soldiers MC second-place winner. Congratulations and best wishes!